Another Edelbrock Performer Series Carburetor
Has Been Approved for NHRA Competition
TORRANCE, CA (October 17, 2013) - Edelbrock is excited to announce that the Performer Series Carburetor (#1407) has been approved for use in NHRA competition.
The Edelbrock Performer Series 750 cfm carburetor (#1407) has been granted NHRA approval for use in competition on 1964 Chrysler 426 Max Wedge engines producing 415 horsepower. The NHRA has approved the Performer (#1407) as an alternative to the Carter AFB carburetor (#3705) or Carter AFB Competition Series carburetor (#9755).
In addition to this new approval, Edelbrock Performer Series Carburetors (#1404) and (#1405) are approved for use by the NHRA on 1962-72 383 and 426 Max Wedge engines. They are replacements for the following Carter AFB carburetors: (#3447), (#4139), (#4140), (#4430), (#4431), (#4619), (#4620), (#4742), (#4745), (#4791), (#4968), (#9502), (#9503), (#9626) and (#9636).
Performer Series Carburetors Feature:
- Performer Series Carburetor (#1407) has been approved as an alternative to the Carter AFB carburetors (#3705) and (#9755) on 1964 Chrysler 426 Max Wedge engines
- Edelbrock Performer Series Carburetors bolt on and run right out of the box
- Dependable street performance and smooth throttle response throughout the power band
- Factory set float levels, adjustments are rarely needed
- Change jets, adjust floats and replace needles/seats without draining fuel or removing carb from manifold
- Two-piece design means no gaskets below the fuel level for leak-free operation
- Made in the USA
For more information, visit http://www.edelbrock.com.
Founded in 1938, Torrance-based Edelbrock, LLC is recognized as one of the nation's premier designers, manufacturers and distributor of performance replacement parts for the automotive aftermarket. Edelbrock produces their core products in the United States of America using state-of-the-art equipment in their world class manufacturing facilities. Edelbrock, LLC encompasses five locations in Southern California and one location in North Carolina totaling more than 500,000 square feet. For more information, visit www.edelbrock.com